FOAM EXPANSION JOINTS
Non-Crosslink Polyethylene & Sill Seal
Non-Crosslink Polyethylene is a closed cell foam that is available in three colors — black, gray or white. It can be used in nearly all standard concrete construction applications. Non-Crosslink Polyethylene is widely used in residential, commercial, and industrial construction.
Sill seal is a non-crosslink polyethylene foam that can be used as a barrier seal around windows and between wood framing and concrete walls. Sill Seal is very similar to our regular non-crosslink polyethylene foam, but does not come with a peel-off strip. Notable features of non-crosslink polyethylene include:
- Extruded from high-quality polyethylene foam.
- Peel-off strip is standard on each roll but can be special ordered without.
- Very flexible — can be used around curves or columns without breaking.
- Lightweight — approximately 10 times lighter than traditional expansion joint products.
- Accepted — commonly used by both commercial and residential contractors.
- Durable — with near-zero water absorption, non-crosslink polyethylene will not rot out of the joint over an extended period of time.
- Economical — it is easily cut and handled on any job site.
Installation of non-crosslink polyethylene is easy!
- Setup remains the same — no special equipment is required!
- Non-crosslink polyethylene can be installed with the peel-off strip facing up or down depending on whether or not the joint will be sealed
- Finish the concrete as you normally would
- Easily installed using a variety of methods including spray adhesive, mechanical fasteners, or, in some cases, just the smack of a hammer!
- If you do not plan on sealing the joint, you're done! If the joint will be sealed, utilize the peel-top feature to create the sealant cavity
Still not sold on non-crosslink polyethylene? Consider this...
Wrapping any kind of circular structure is nearly impossible to do properly with other types of joint fillers. Non-crosslink polyethylene is a natural fit for these applications and many others. Even wrapping very small diameter columns is a breeze with non-crosslink polyethylene!
Crosslink polyethylene foam is an expansion joint material extruded from high quality, closed-cell polyethylene foam. It provides all of the same reliable characteristics of standard non-crosslink polyethylene foam, but is compatible with a broader range of solvents and hot applied sealants.
Crosslink polyethylene foam expansion joint filler can be used in all standard concrete construction applications, including highways, runways, parking garages, driveways, sidewalks, and floor slabs. In addition, it can be used as a buffer between dissimilar materials such as columns, manhole covers, and adjacent constructions.
Rigid Polypropylene Foam Expansion Joint Filler
EXR350 is a closed cell, flexible polypropylene foam used in concrete construction for expansion joint filler. EXR350 fully complies with ASTM D8139-17
EXR350 Rigid expansion joint filler can be used in all standard concrete construction. From residential patios and aprons to DOT specified highway requirements.
EXR350 gives you all the benefits of a flexible polyethylene foam expansion joint roll, but with the rigidity of a board material. It is lightweight, chemical resistant, UV stable and flexible enough to be formed around a radius without cracking. It does not absorb water which allows it to far outlast traditional materials