ZipStrip is a rigid polystyrene "T" shaped strip. The horizontal portion of the "T" is removable while the top portion of the "T" provides stiffness so the strip can be placed into the wet surface of the concrete slab in a straight line. The bottom portion, or vertical section, of the "T" resembles the shape of an arrow and has a suitable protruding anchor at the bottom to prevent movement when the top stiffener portion of the "T" is removed. ZipStrip is available in 1", 1-1/2" and 2" vertical depths, and will provide a weakened plane joint in on-grade concrete slabs ranging from 4" to 8" thick.
Architects and Engineers:
- ZipStrip is the most advanced method of creating weakened plane joints in on-grade concrete slabs. ZipStrip creates an early line of weakness in a concrete floor, which insures against random surface cracking. Below the surface, key line cracking takes place around the aggregate, which forms a natural locking of both sides of the ZipStrip.
- ZipStrip is the inexpensive alternative to saw cutting when plane joints are required in on-grade concrete slabs. Concrete surfaces can be finished smooth over the top of the ZipStrip or control joint lines can be tool edged using
a preferred radius on the slab surface.
VoidCap is a polystyrene expansion cap with a removable top that can be placed over all types of the expansion joint. After the concrete is poured, the top of the VoidCap is level with the surface of the slab. After the surface of the concrete is finished, the top portion of the VoidCap can be removed to allow a void approximately 1/2" deep. Any type of self-leveling caulk can be placed into the void, sealing the joint from surface moisture.
APC #79 Hi-Performance Spray Adhesive is a very aggressive and fast-setting aerosol spray adhesive. It provides exceptionally strong bonds on many surfaces including foam rubber, wood, cloth, fiberglass, galvanized metal, Visqueen, dry wall, carpeting cloth, stretch wrap, paper, corrugated board stock and more.
Notable Features of APC #79 Hi-Performance Spray Adhesive include:
- Aggressive tack, which increases production speed.
- Fast set speeds to increase production speed.
- Precise spray control to allow for less waste.
- Excellent bond strength reduces reject rates.
- No chlorinated solvents means it is better for the environment and ozone.
- No methylene chloride means it is non-carcinogenic.
- Non-dimpling soft glue line allows for increased product quality.
Backer Rod Insertion Tools
NMW, Inc. carries three types of backer rod insertion tools: The standard model, road model, and rover.
The standard model backer rod insertion tool helps set foam backer rod into joints quickly and accurately. This tool can set the backer rod consistently at any depth and is fully adjustable. Notable features include:
- Main frame will accommodate a standard threaded extension handle.
- Head of the thumb screw can be used to start backer rod and to pinch off backer rod at the end of insertion.
- Set includes 4 insertion wheels of different widths (1/8", 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2") and one tamping blade.
The road model backer rod insertion tool is similar to the standard model, but features a reinforced resin handle to withstand rough use on horizontal surfaces. it also accepts a threaded standard broom handle, or extension pole. This
set includes 4 insertion wheels of different widths (1/8", 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2"), but does not include the tamping blade.
Walk Behind Backer Rod Inserter Rover
The brand-new Backer Rod Rover is proving to be a game-changer in the concrete industry by transforming a labor-intensive two- or three-man job into a quick and easy one-man operation. The Backer Rod Rover allows one to insert backer rod
quickly and accurately into horizontal joints directly from the backer rod spool which is mounted on the upper frame of the rover. The backer rod is threaded down through a feed tube and then fed through a set of three steel insertion
wheels, which place it firmly into the joint. The Backer Rod Rover is particularly useful when used to fill saw-cut joints in concrete, as it will roll smoothly down long spans without issue.
Notable features include:
- The ability to insert backer rod from 1/4" to 3/4" wide at depths up to 3/4.
- Sturdy, all-steel construction.
- Packaged in a durable, weather-resistant wheeled storage case.